There are several types of finishes you can have on any stone surface. They are measured by their sheen(how much they shine). The more sheen a stone has, the more reflective it is.
- Flamed/Matte Finish– Close to 0% sheen.
- A rough, stone-like look. (can still be “polished” and sealed)
- Honed Finish– Around 33% sheen.
- Smoothed out, almost matte finish look that is perfect for floors and areas with heavy traffic like stairs and walkways. .
- Satin Finish– Around 66% sheen.
- Is often referred to as a semi-polished finish, and looks marvelous on any floor, counter, or shower stall.
- Polished Finish– Close to 100% sheen.
- With a high gloss, mirror-like appearance, polished finishes really show off the stones markings and natural designs.